Thank you for all of your letters and support. Spencer, I feel your pain:) haha I am pretty sure every missionary that has served outside of the states as had a close call once or twice in your mission.
Well this week we have been searching searching searching people. I feel like I have walked like 1000 miles this week. My shoes are developing holes on the bottoms. I keep praying and saying that they only need to last a couple more weeks. We walked a ton this week to find and contact people but the holidays here started. They had fiestas de quito here and so everyone claims to be in family or they are busy. Even the members weren't in their houses. But all is well. We are going to have a better week this week.
On Saturday we had been contacting all day because all of our appointments and plans fell through. By saturday we were like walking dead because we did this everyday in the week. It was about 8pm at night and we were tempted to go home or go eat but we decided that we needed to be diligent. We found a spot in the street where no one could see us and we said a little prayer to ask for guaidence and help and that someone would except us in their home. After we started walking down a street and contacted a couple of homes but the same thing happend they didn't want to hear anything. It was about 8:30 when we contacted a home and a lady came out. We started talking about her family and getting to know her. She started off with, "how is it that your guys are here in this hour. I have never seen you or heard of your church." She said, "I have been looking for a church that would suit me but I haven't found one yet." She said, "I want to find a place that sings and prays as they should and that all of my family can go and learn to become closer." Needless to say we felt like this contact was an answer to our prayers. We have an appoitment with her tonight at 6:00. We will see what happenes but we are praying that she will except our message. Well I love you all so much. I hope that you all are enjoying this wonderful time of year. See you all very soon. Love hermana Wilhelm
No comments:
Post a Comment